23rd Fleet

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

23rd Fleet
23rd Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23rd Fleet Newsletter #1

Go down

23rd Fleet Newsletter #1 Empty 23rd Fleet Newsletter #1

Post  Trevelyan Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:52 pm

23rd Fleet Newsletter #1

Fleet,

There is going to be a newsletter let out every other week. In it will be the different things the fleet is up to and the goals we are working towards on our starbase. I’m going to try breaking it down into easy to understand sections. Give me feedback on the newsletter and let me know what you want to see in the newsletter. This link will be given out in game email, and will also be posted on the fleet forum.

The fleet forum is at the following address; [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
You’ll need to register to read it, but it’s free and eventually there will be all sorts of helpful information on the forums.

Admiral Trevelyan
Trev@Trev06

Fleet Starbase

Currently, we are working towards getting our science to tier II. This will allow us to upgrade the comm array and the transwarp gate, which in turn allows us to get up to tier II starbase. After that we will go back and fill in the engineering and tactical tiers.

A word on the fleet provisions. We have to provision the store with everything in it. That means, for every ship, weapon, and shield in the store, we’ve done a project to get a provision for it. What this means is that sometimes there will be more demand than there are provisions. I ask that everyone make sure to allow everyone to use them. What I mean is, if you see that we only have 3 ship provisions and you already have 3 c-store ships, to hold off on getting a fleet ship so that those without c-store ships can acquire a good tier 5 vessel. Same goes for weapons, shields, etc. If you see that we are low and you already have good gear, perhaps consider holding off a bit. Now I don’t want anyone to think they CANT get things, just try to be fair about it and lets make sure that everyone gets their hands on good gear.

I’m going to be queuing up projects that don’t require 60 plus doffs to finish. The price of doffs is quite insane at the moment. However, if a group of people have a ton of doffs that they want to contribute just drop me a line and I’ll see about slotting one of the projects that requires all the doffs. Same goes for the projects that cost 200K dilithium. That’s a lot of dil for a project, but if someone has 200K dil they want to sink into the starbase for the fleet credits, drop me a line and I’ll once again see about slotting one.

On the special projects; we have one qued up right now. You can dump fleet credits into it, but DO NOT complete the project. We are going to let it sit there with just a few credits needed to finish so that we can hurry up and complete if there is a featured project that comes out we want to do. The tribble special is not worth it.

Requisitions and the Fleet Bank

First off, I’d like to let everyone know that we have a new Quartermaster, Captain Alma Wade(Alma Wade@princessalma). She will be making sure the bank stays organized and clean. She has a few things she wants shared.

-If you have any type of food drop from missions you don't want, drop it in the bank.
-If you have any type of regenerators or components you don’t want, drop it in the bank.
-The only type of equipment we’re wanting in the bank in Mark XI-XII uncommon and above. If people put in any other kind of equipment it quickly clutters up all the space.
-The following is very important, please read and remember;
DO NOT PUT ANY TRIBBLES IN THE FLEET BANK
They will eat all food until there is none. This is bad. Please do not put them in.

Now a word about taking things out of the bank. Please make use of the bank if you see anything you need. Just keep it reasonable, which I don’t think will be a problem with this fleet. A couple of notes though. Right now we are saving up Dosi Rotgut and Romulan Ale for the bartend mission, we need 250 of each and they are expensive on the exchange for the amount needed. So if you get any you don’t want, please donate them to the bank. Also, under no circumstance should anyone feel they have to donate anything at all. All donations are what you feel comfortable with giving and don’t give anything that would hurt your game.

Special Projects

Right now the only special project we got going on is PVP. Admiral Telan is going to be putting together a PVP section of the 23rd. If you are interested in that, please contact him in game at telan@tiburse.

Questions and Comments

In this section I’m going to answer any questions or comments I get between newsletters.

Q:How do I advance in rank in the fleet?
A:Typically, advancement comes from being active in the fleet doing missions with everyone and being active in the vent channel.

Q:What is the vent information?
A: the23rdfleet.typefrag.com port: 14535 password: 23rd

Q: What are the different jobs all the admiral do?
A: Fleet Admiral Evan will be releasing a personal letter to the fleet that details all the appointments.

Thanks for reading, like I said, if you have questions or comments drop me an email in game @trev06. I’d also like to thank everyone for their contributions to the starbase. It won’t be too much longer before we can get to teir II.

Admiral Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum